Request Copy Certificates
Request a copy of a Birth, Death, Marriage and Civil Partnership certificate
Please note we do not take orders over the telephone for duplicate certificates.
Request a copy certificate
Completing this form should take around 5 minutes.Request a copy of a certificate online
24 Hour Service. Your certificate will be available to collect in person from 10 am the next working day provided the request is made before 3 pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively, your certificate can be posted to you after 2 working days (Postage costs are in addition)
The certificate will be available to collect in person after 5 working days. If you require it to be posted to you, postage is available at an additional cost set out below.
Additional certificates are charged at the service price and are not £11 per additional certificate.
- UK Royal Mail Special Delivery plus £6.70*
- UK First Class Postage plus £1.00
- European Postage plus £3.00
- Worldwide Postage plus £4.00
* In light of the current ongoing situation with COVID-19 we have been advised that Royal Mail are no longer able to guarantee deliver of special delivery items by 1pm on the following day. They are still prioritising special deliveries, and they are still tracked. For further information about special deliveries please check the Royal Mail website.
Nottingham City Council will not be held liable for any loss, damage or expense as a result of delays or failure to provide certificates arising from circumstances beyond the Council's reasonable control.
This includes, without limitation, acts of God or any of the following acts of third parties:
- Postal or courier services
- Industrial action
- The incorrect postal address supplied by applicant
The Register Office
The Council House
Old Market Square
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
Family History Certificates
If you're applying for a certificate of birth, death or marriage which took place before 1910, please refer to the pages Request Family History Certificates pre 1910